Alfalfa: "The Father of Foods"
August 7, 2008
(click here for a 1-page .pdf of this newsletter)
Alfalfa is high in:
- Sterols to help lower cholesterol.
- Flavonols to help maintain heart health
- Fiber to help keep your blood vessels healthy
Vitamin K to help fight fight inflamation and control blood sugar
Because the roots of the alfalfa plant go 40-60 feet down, they are very high in minerals including
- Calcium for both bone health and digestive health. Alfalfa is so high in calcium that it can be a substitute for milk.
- Magnesium to help with blood pressure and colorectal health
- Potassium for blood sugar health
Zinc to provide 3 crucial benefits for your health
If you can't eat alfalfa, I highly recommend NOW Foods Alfalfa Powder as your most bang-for-your-buck nutrition powder
(Thanks to my brother Mike for the artwork!)
Have A Question About This Newsletter?
Call (631-352-7654) or email (PitchingDoc@msn.com)